Friday, April 11, 2014

April 7, 2014

Dear Family,

We are just so blessed to belong to the church that we do. To have Apostles and Prophets of the Lord telling us exactly what we need to do. Truly amazing. I've only had the chance to watch Saturday and then Priesthood so far, so you'll be getting even more next week about how awesome Conference is. Favorite talks: Elder Holland on Saturday morning. Mind blowing. Elder Hallstrom, and of course, Elder Oakes in Priesthood. I'm going to study that one for ages!

From what I have seen so far, the General Authorities have told us 3 major things. We need to defend our faith, no matter where the world goes. God will stay right where He is. And that it is the role of the rising generation to take charge NOW. 

I would suggest to all of you to go back and listen to Pres Eyring's talk Saturday night and think of how you can improve on Home/Visiting Teaching. Got it? 

I always get so pumped around General Conference. These guys are every missionaries heroes. 

Other than Conference, this week has been really good. We got a new investigator named Tabatha. She was invited by a member who is returning to activity and she is just golden. She wants to know everything!!! She also has a daughter of 7 who just loves church. She's even invited us over for dinner Wednesday. It's the perfect example of member missionary work. Invited by a member and fellowshipped by the members. It's all just wonderful.

I've had a bit of a gradual revelation this week. Elder Lam, a Chinese Elder, said something rather spectacular the other week. He said that the Lord does not expect us to come back from our missions the same person. Elder Day added that in these two years we have the chance to make changes in ourselves that would not be possible in any other part of our life. And to top it off Elder Hallstrom taught that saying you cannot change is rejecting the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Wow.

I just love the gospel so much. I don't know what I would do without it. 

I love you guys, too. I hope everything goes well for Aubrey and Tyler in Arkansas. I pray for all of you guys. Thank you again for the emails.

Love,

Elder Glasgow

(pic is me reading the coolest bible ever!)


No comments:

Post a Comment