Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014

Dear family,
 
I JUST LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I just had to get that out of my system. phew.  Oxford is the coolest place in the world to be.  I just love it.  Our ward is rather tiny, just 70 people but that's because we just got split about a year ago.  But they're all great. Although, lots of them are American.  I almost feel at home at Sacrament meeting!  It's so weird.  But I love them all.  They're all great members.  And there is just loads of YSA.  That's my favorite part!  They're all so funny and love working with us.
 
I think deciding to come out on a mission has probably been the best decision I have made so far in my life.  Not only have I matured quite a bit physically and mentally (I have more chest hair! and if I don't shave everyday it's so apparent!) but I've matured spiritually a whole lot.  Sometimes it feels a bit like the refiners fire, but strong timber doesn't grow in quiet and peaceful places.  You face a lot of opposition as a missionary as well.  Especially here in England.  But I know what is true and my faith has become unshaken.
 
It's a big thing to serve a mission.  Sometimes I wonder what I would be doing if I wasn't out here, and I come to the conclusion that whatever it could have been, it's nothing compared to where I am now.
 
Anyway, it's just amazing to hear from you guys this week.  Its sounds like you guys are having a great time.  I'm glad you had a good birthday, mum.  And I'm so excited to see how different everything will be in a year and a half.  It seems like so much has changed already.
 
Haha, I don't really wanna guilt trip my sibling into writing me more, but it has been.... lacking.  I get a quick note every once in a while and I just love it when they do but its not exactly... consistent.  Oh well.
 
Anywho!  Everything is under water here.  We had to travel to Reading for a Leadership Council and the train station had to put us on a bus because the tracks were under water!  But we can still get around for the most part.  All the fields are ponds and all the ponds are lakes.  Haha.
 
 
Man, everyone here is just so smart.  It's crazy.  I found out how Oxford University works, though.  It's actually 42 separate colleges that are under Oxford University.  But they are everywhere and everyone goes to them.  Some of the people you meet are quite hoytie-toytie, to coin the phrase, but most are really interested in the message because you're just as old as most of them and they're curious why you are doing it.  But there's just sooooo many of them.  It's crazy.
 
This week we haven't taught loads of lessons because the world was against us, but we did better than last week, and plan to do some solid finding and teaching this week.
 
You guys will never guess what is in Reading!!  A Five Guys burger and fries!!!  I was in heaven!  It was soooo good!!
 
It's so great to hear from you guys.  I love you all and hope you are enjoying the weather cuz it's cold and raining over here!
 
Love,
Elder Glasgow

ps, those glasses are fake, they just make me look nicer/smarter and they only cost me 50p!  And we made pancakes!



No comments:

Post a Comment