Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014

Dear Fam,
 
I am really stressed right now!!!  Moves calls should come any minute now!  I want to move, but at the same time I don't.  I love the island.  It's the best and the work is going sooo great.  But, I need to get out and see the world! Along with that we're trying to get a baptism together for Thursday and when I get Moves calls is when I can know to worry about it all or not. haha.  But, hopefully I'll find out by the end of me writing this email.
 
This week has been great, though.  Our friend who is getting baptized is named Eilleen.  She is in her...60's?  She comes from a family of Irish gypsies.  But, she just loves the Book of Mormon and how it helps us in everyday life and shes making some great friends in the ward.  Missionary work is just the best!!
 
*sigh.  The other night I realized that I left 6 months ago this friday, the 7th.  Time has gone by so fast!  I'm already a quarter of the way through!!  Can you believe that???  I can't!  Oh boy, I'll be home before I know it.
 
Ahem.  Anyway, it's great over here.  It's been around 45° to 50° the past month or two, which isn't too bad at all. I do kind of wish it would snow though.  That would be awesome.  I miss the snow.
 
Haha, so my comp, Elder Rogers, is a Seahawks fan.  He's from Seattle after all.  His family was sooooo excited about the SuperBowl.  They gave him a full overview of it all and hes.... well, I wouldn't say trunky right now, but he reeeeally wants to watch that game right now.  Haha.
 
Where are the Olympics taking place this year??  I haven't heard anything about it at all.  The last Olympics were in London, so the missionaries were allowed to watch it at either members or investigators houses.  EVERYONE was watching it and was not interested about a message about Jesus Christ at the time. We'll see what happens.
 
Dad, you're gonna be a Temple Ordinance worker??  That's so cool!  My Zone Leader, Elder George, was the very first young worker at the San Diego Temple.  He always tells us all sorts of funny stories about the workers there and stuff.  I wanna be one!
 
It's so great to hear how everyone is doing.  What kind of dogs did Rod and Connie get?  Haha, Disneyland.  That's pretty funny that Avery and Wake named them Micky and Minnie.
 
I hope everyone will get along alright over the next while.  The world is getting rough, that's for sure.  I see it every single day.  Society is falling apart.  But I know that when the gospel is the center of a home and a family, nothing will prevail.  Though the fiery darts of the adversary come, our shield of faith and our breast plate of righteousness will prevail and our sword of truth with divide asunder the enemies.
 
On a side note, my comp just found out his mum is pregnant with her TENTH child and he's kinda freaking out even more now!  Hahaha.
 
Ah, I love the temple so much.  Cherish it, cuz you have it right there by you.
 
I love you guys.
 
Elder Glasgow

ps. Picture is my District. Sisters Lloyd and Clark, Ward Mission Leader Bro. Marlow, Elder Rogers and me

No comments:

Post a Comment