Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 10, 2014

Dear Family,

I just have the biggest smile on my face after reading all of your wonderful emails. and Brittnee, I agree. Thanks

Well, you're probably wondering why I am emailing so late in the afternoon.  It's because we went on a tour of the one and only Christ Church!  It's the place where most of the Harry Potter and Alice in Wonderland sets were inspired. It was so cool. Our Bishop is the head porter there so he took us to all these cool places that no one else gets to see!  Sadly, you guys won't get the pictures until next week.  I didn't have time to copy them to my usb drive.... but it will be legendary!

This week was.... okay. Elder Aichele was still pretty sick this week so we only got to work a little bit on the weekend, then we went to church.  We have a grand total of 4 investigators because we had to drop a few last week.  They just weren't committing.  But, if you guys can pray for Izzy to get an answer about the Book of Mormon, that would be great. 

Last Friday I watched the video of the Gilbert Temple being dedicated.  It was so weird!!!!  I would have loved to be there. 

Funny thing about temples, I was sitting with all of my district at this little Italian place eating a sandwich after going to Christ Church and this guy walks up to us and is like, ''hello Elders and Sisters!"  So we get to talking to him, and his name is Brad Houston.  He's only the Lead Designer and Architect of all the temples all over the world!!!  He was really nice and talked about the temple that they are starting in Concepcion, Chile and how beautiful it is and how the Pheonix temple is almost ready!  I totally forgot they were building one there!

Mom, about the atonement... watch Elder Bednar's talk, "The Enabling Power of the Atonement".  So many of us only see how the atonement fixes things, which is does, no doubt about that.  But, it also enables us.  We realize the Lord has already gone through our challenge and He knows what it is like.  He knows exactly how to help us.  I believe it's Alma 7:11-15ish.  He helps us do things that we can't do by ourselves.  He helps me be a better missionary every day because I know He has felt the fear that I feel.  He over came it so, so can I.  And so many people just have no idea of that and that's why I need to share it with everyone!

The other day I had a little vision myself.  I was on the bus.  I can remember I was feeling pretty gutted about something, and feeling low.  But while I sat there praying; I don't know if I imagined this, or what, but I heard footsteps coming up the stairs of the bus and a man sat down beside me.  I could feel him put his arm around me and that's when I realized it was the Saviour.  We had a little chat about how I was feeling and afterward the burdens and weight I was feeling were just gone.  They vanished.  I felt invigorated.  I felt alive.  I felt like I needed to go tell everyone how great Jesus Christ is!  He not only fixed me, but he enabled me to go and be strong and to work and to work hard.

I wrote Chase and Crew a letter and sent it a few days ago so it should be getting there pretty soon. I hope it helps. 

Oh!  There's a guy here from Mesa!  He was in the Fairfield Ward.  His name is Ben Shurtz.  He said he knew Rodney's sister, Jordan, and the Biggs family.  Haha, it was so fun to talk about Arizona with him. 

Thank you guys for the letters. and the pictures.  They were great.

I'll send some really good pictures next week, okay?

Love, Elder Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment