Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 3, 2014

Dear Family,

Well, in 4 days I will have left home 7 months ago. Where does all the time go???

Thank you so much for the letters this week. I love hearing all about what is happening in the good old AZ.  I miss the Temple so much.  The dedication sounded absolutely wonderful.  I'm really glad you guys could go to it.  I wish I could have gone too but I'm kind of doing the Lord's work over here in the beautiful city of Oxford. 

This week has been crazy, though. I went on three exchanges. One with a Zone Leader, another with a missionary from our District and then another one with one of the Chinese Elders in our District.  I really enjoyed working with them and it was fun to go over to Reading and Whitney and see new places and meet loads of cool people.  They are all great missionaries, too.  The Chinese Elder is even from China!  His name is Elder Chen. He's teaching me some Chinese!  It's great.

As for our investigators, were working hard with them.  There's Izzy, Mike and Melissa, Andrew and Kate, Suman and Criss, Caroline, Leif, Carys and a few more which escape my memory.  But they all need some help.  A few of them struggle with English.  Suman and Criss are from Nepal!  And others have different situations.  Just pray that we can meet with them and their hearts will be softened.  Thanks. 

Last p-day we got to do some pretty great site-seeing so that's where these cool pictures are from.  Oxford is awesome! 

Along with that, my companero has had the flu for the past 5 days which makes it difficult to work, but we've managed so far.  I really don't like having a sick companion.  It's not fun, because both of us want to work really bad, but we can't! 

So, from what I understand this week has been pretty rough for quite a few people.  I would like to shed some light on this subject.  First off, the spirit of contention is of the devil.  I don't want to rebuke anyone but that's the doctrine.  Every good thing comes from God and everything bad comes from Satan.  Now, the Lord will not give us anything we cannot overcome.  Our trials and challenges are but a small moment in the spectrum of eternity. Whom the Lord loves, he chastens.  When you rebuke a wise man he will love you because you made him better (that's in Proverbs 9:8).  Everything that happens in our life is for our benefit, that we might learn.  The Lord has a plan for every last one of his children and he has provided a way for every last one of them to achieve the Celestial Kingdom.  It's up to us to overcome through the gospel of Christ, through Faith, Repentance, Baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.  The Gospel, however, is not like a ladder.  We aren't just on one part of the process, like enduring.  It's more like a race track.  We have to do it over and over again, round and round, until the race is over. 

To answer your question, mom, no.  Sadly, we don't have ipads.  But we should see them at some point in my mission... hopefully.

I love you all and hope that you guys have a wonderful week.  Follow the spirit.

Love, Elder Glasgow


No comments:

Post a Comment