Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12, 2014

Dear Family,

It was so nice talking to you all on yesterday! I really did not mind the madness at all. I just enjoyed seeing everyone. It was kind of strange, though, to see you guys. It's almost like I only think about you guys on Mondays and then Mothers Day and Christmas. My mind is just so preoccupied with being a missionary!!! 

I loved all the pictures you sent this week, too! It was probably the best week of  pictures that I've gotten, yet! 

Sometime I wonder what it would be like to be on the receiving side of the gospel - to be an investigator and possibly even a convert. Sometime I wonder if I had not been born into the gospel if I would have accepted it. It's a strange coincidence. I've come to realize, though, that the preexistence plays such an important role in our lives here on earth. I guess it was all in for me so heavenly father just had to put me in a family with the gospel so I would accept it!

It can be really difficult, though, to see people reject the gospel. We knock on their door and speak truths; pure truths, and then, being so numb and stubborn, they tell us to shove off and go bother someone else.  My life would be nothing with out the gospel!

To answer some questions...
1) I've realized that what happens in this life is nowhere near as important to what I am doing. Anything can happen but it's what we are doing, ourselves, is what matters. People can reject me all day but if I am out being obedient and working I will be blessed.
2) One of the best ways I've seen member missionary work is to invite a friend to a Ward activity and having the missionaries there, then simply introduce them! Let the missionaries take care of the rest. We're good at that. Another approach would to simply be an example. People watch you. Dare to be a Mormon!!
3) More effective scripture study should involve a prayer at the beginning and the end, with a question or questions on your mind, and a study journal handy to write down any impressions. Along with that, at the end of every chapter of "Preach My Gospel" there are ideas for study and application with some great ideas. 
4) Our goal as a companionship is to teach at least 20 lessons a week and no less - to reach out to at least 20 people and give them some truth. 
5) My favorite scripture is Isaiah 40:28-31. ''Hast thou not known, hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, niether is he weary.'' It ends with, "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."  
6) Finally, my relationship with Christ has become extremely personal over the past months as a missionary. He has made my life so easy. I've come to gain this mentality of being able to overcome any trial because Christ already has. It's really that simple. He shows me how to do it and I do it. His yoke truly is light and his burden is easy.

Theres a video on mormonchannel.org that talks about weaknesses I bet you guys would all enjoy. http://www.mormonchannel.org/youth-videos?v=1463164184001 heres the link. 

This week some of our investigators' College Terms end so the work should pick up a bit. Along with that we should probably be finding out if we got the Flat we submitted! Should be good.

Thank you again for your letters and encouragement. I enjoy every last word. Heres some pictures!

Love, Elder Glasgow

Pix: Cinco De Mayo Burritos, London Temple with investigator Tim, Holloway  University




No comments:

Post a Comment