Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November 17, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you so much for your letters this week. It makes me so happy to hear about how well everyone is doing. I miss the american holiday season so much, especially in our family. November and December are just so full and it makes it all the better. I hope you guys can make it one more time without me. haha. 

This week has been quite the experience. Loads of really great stuff has happened. So our District got the great idea to try out some creative finding ideas and what we ended up doing is hand painting a giant Plan of Salvation on a big sheet and we've been going to the High Street and talking with everyone about it. It's probably the most effective/fun way to find, ever. I love doing it. We've found lots of good people as a District doing this and we are going to continue to do it every week from now on. 

On Friday we had a Multi Cultural evening. It was awesome. There was loads of food. Us missionaries even made proper Corn Dogs! the ward loved them!! African music playing, dancing and all sorts of fun. Did I ever tell you about Shaun? He's a Less-Active that showed up to church yesterday after quite of few years of not coming out, so we've been teaching him lately. He's making leaps and bounds. He brought his non-member wife to the party as well. She's very nice and we are praying we can teach her soon. 

Saturday I had an exchange with Elder Rogers. It's so funny to go on exchanges with previous companions. It's a lot easier than with the regular Zone Leader. But it was really cool because we were able to see how much we have grown over the past year. We also had a really cool experience together. We were driving back to the Flat to go Park and Contact around for awhile before going to teach an investigator and we saw this guy who was trying to fix his car so we stopped and was able to help him change his flat tire! He was so grateful for our help. But it was like a textbook missionary thing. Helping people fix their flats. Haha. He was from France, too. We ended up even giving him a Book of Mormon and a Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith pamphlet. 

Last night while at Du's house I got a phone call from President Millar as well. I'll be getting a new comp on Wednesday because Elder Ye is going to Oxford! I'm kinda jealous of him. But my new comp is Elder Byron. He's from the West Indies. To be honest I'm a little nervous. I've met Elder Byron before but we'll see how the Transfer goes. 

That pretty much sums up my week. It's been crazy. 

Pops - the English are lame when it comes to the Holidays. There's usually some small displays in grocery stores but that's about it. Barely any Chirstmas lights. It's nothing compared to our street!! haha. 

Thank you again for the letters. They have helped a lot. I'm going to have to go on a Temple tour when I get home now!

Love you all,

Elder Glasgow

ps. went to Lesnes Abby for p-day.  Built in 1178, pulled down after the "Dissolution of the Monasteries" in 1524.





No comments:

Post a Comment