Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014

Dear Family and Friends and whoever else reads this on my blog,
 
So, that Sister that you heard about from Grandma Wiegel is Sis. Brown, who is Brennan Brown's mum, if you guys remember him (we played volleyball together and hung out quite a bit). Sis. Brown was companions with a member of the Welling Ward, Sis Lou, who I am actually going to go have dinner with tonight. It's so crazy to find out all the ways that we are connected to one another. The world is much smaller than we think. Crazy.
 
You know Mom, sometimes I still find it hard to fully understand what Grace is, too. But from what I do understand, it's something along the lines of this... Our Father in Heaven is just that, a Father. He's our Father. Christ is our Father, too, because we have taken upon us his name so that we can grow to be like Him. So, there's 2 father figures. I'm sure you understand as a parent that you do all that you can for your children. Well, so does Heavenly Father and Christ. They have given us a body, an earth to live on, Prophets and Revelation and Christ gave all the Atonement. All of these are free gifts with no cost to us. The only reason They gave them to us as well is simply because they love us. So in my definition, Grace is all the gifts God has given us simply because He loves us. But like I'm sure you understand, these gifts, like a tool, is useless if you just leave it in the tool box. You have to take the gift and use it. For example, the Atonement. It's available to everyone but requires effort on our part to use it. We have to repent and confess our sins to God and understand our potential and then it can be used effectively.
 
But now to answer your question. How to receive Grace as a Mother. I think the greatest way to apply Grace is to simply understand it. For example, I recall a story I read in a book. There was a young family. A mother, father and one child. They raised their son in the church. They went to church every week and the mother and father were as righteous as they could be and they raised the child to be righteous, too. But once the young boy became a young man, he started to sway, get caught up in the wrong crowd, he became unrighteous. The parents didn't know what to do. They had done all that they knew how, yet it made them frustrated their son didn't choose the right. One night, as they were praying, because the son had decided to run away from home, tears streams down the mothers face. She was asking the Father, ''why? why is it that my son has strayed? how has this happened? I've done all that I could do.'' Shortly thereafter, she got a reply. ''He's my son, too''. She heard those words loud and clear.
 
I don't know if this little parable has helped you at all, but I hope it has. I think it's kind of the same with you as the RS President. Sometimes things are out of our control. Sometimes people make choices that we don't want them to make. But all things are done is the wisdom of him that knoweth all things. That's how I see Grace. We do our part, God makes up the rest. Because He loves us. If we are doing our best, there is no need to be overwhelmed with our calling or our family. God knows whats going on. Have faith, trust and lean on him. He won't let any of us down. That's what I think about Grace.
 
I was able to talk to Brice Cox a little bit just last week. It sounds like he's doing really good. And I would definitely agree, Jace Hancock has learned LOADS on his mission. I'm excited to seem them all when I get back. Doesn't Hamilton Crocket come home next month?
 
Pops - I could count on my hand the number of Brits that actually like the NFL. That's super cool though that the Cardinals are doing so good! Is Fitzgerald still around?
 
The whole ward is changing! Next thing you know Dad's going to be Bishop! I always thought Bro. Whitehead was a great Councilor. Have you guys heard anything about Tyler Whitehead at all?  Has Truman Crocket left yet? What's going on with Will Carvalho as well??
 
You guys probably want to hear about my week, huh? Well, we did soooo much finding it was crazy, and we saw lots of miracles as well. One of our investigators had a little emergency last week, though. You remember John? Well we might have to call him 7-fingered John, now, because he lost a few in a construction accident... Oh my. He sounded alright though when we talked to him on the phone. We'll be seeing him Tuesday.
 
I'm doing really good this week. It's just been good. Happy birthday to Cedar and Chase.
 
Love,
 
Elder Glasgow 
 
ps, we got lost in these woods looking for a Less-Active, and then we made hobo dinners!  Mmmmmm!



No comments:

Post a Comment