Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013

Dear Family,
Well, I'm staying on the isle for another two transfers.  I'll be here for 6 whole months, in my first area.... anyway. My new comp is Elder Rogers.  I don't think I've ever met him but I'll find out on Wednesday!
It's so great to get all your letters.  They're  the best things ever.  Oh, before I forget, all you RM's in the family...  What was the biggest thing you struggled with on a mission and how did you over come it?  I expect extensive essays next week.  Hop to it!
Anyway, this p-day was a doozy. We were originally going to go Fencing with a member, with swords, eppee's, and sabers and everything, but he had to work so we decided to go to Carisbrooke Castle.  But the day we came the hours changed so it's only open on the weekends all the way until February.  Yah, bummer!  I got a cool picture with it, though.
So how's everyone doing??  Happy birthdays to Cedar and Chase!  I miss all the festivities of November at home.  Seriously, nothing happens around here.  Well, we have Remembrance Day.  It's pretty much Veterans Day and everyone wears poppys and stuff and they decorate the war memorials that are in the center of town.  I'll send a picture.
Getting a new comp is kinda scary.  I don't know what to expect at all.  It's so new.  But I'm not too worried, it will be alright, haha.   Elder Erickson is moving to Romsey and his new comp only has 5 weeks left and is going home right before Christmas.   How crazy would that be, coming home the week before Christmas?? I couldn't deal with that.
To answer your question mom, I think I may only get to go to the temple once or twice while I'm on a mission, here.  Yah bummer, but I'll survive.
I cant wait to hear from you all next week!  Tell everyone to write!
love,
Elder Glasgow



No comments:

Post a Comment