Friday, November 8, 2013

November 4, 2013

Dear Family,
 
I love all your letters every week, they're the best!
 
Lets see, so this is the final full week of the transfer which puts actual moves on next Wednesday, the 13th.  I'll still email every Monday, don't you worry.  I'm not really sure what's gonna happen on the island, to be honest. Next transfer is on Christmas day!  They can't really move anyone if they move anyone at all, so any moves, which will be few, will happen on Boxing day, the day after Christmas.  So, wherever I am next transfer I'll be there 'til February.  I'll probably stay here, though. Elder Erickson has been here since July so it's about time for him to skip out.  I'll probably just get a follow up trainer and then move in February, but that's just my guess.  If you were to send anything this week it would be safest just to send it to the mission office.
 
Halloween here is kinda lame. It's nothing compared to back home on crazy Clovis Ave.  A member asked me the other day if American Halloween's were anything like the movie, Hocus Pocus.  I told her about our neighborhood, and she thought that was so cool!  Halloween was so lame here that we, the American Missionaries, had to take it upon ourselves to put together the ward Halloween party. It turned out pretty good. We had pumpkin carving and a cake walk and some games and food and stuff.  I thought everyone enjoyed it.
 
It is rather sad that there is no Thanksgiving here.  I don't know if there's any members that would know how to put one on for us, but you never know. We better start looking around for some Americans.  I was just thinking, is Christmas music playing on the radio, yet?  Oh, that's what I wanted!  Is there any chance one of you can put together some Christmas music for me?  I really want some, like all the classics and Vince Guaraldi (Charlie Brown Christmas) and whatever else you think I would like.  That would be great, and if you could get it over here asap that would be even better.
 
Now, the work.... lets just say its going.  We do lots of knocking, I mean LOTS. We only have a handful of investigators and most of them are really difficult to get a hold of, but one seems like an eternal (Louis).  Tonight we're going to go see one of our investigators down in Ventnor, and it should be pretty good.
 
It's crazy to think it's already November.  I am 1/8 of the way through my mission!  Time just fly's by so fast out here!
 
I miss all you guys, lots.  I love when people ask about my family.  I always show off the photos you just sent me, because I always carry them with me.  It's great. Everyone thinks I have like the most beautiful family ever.  I would agree.
 
It's great to hear about the work in Mesa moving all so great. We were supposed to get our ipads this month, but its been delayed for some reason... but soon, hopefully.
 
Just remember that missionaries can only do so much. We move around a lot and it's the job of the members to befriend everyone, cuz we just can't.
 
I love you guys. I pray and think about you all the time.  The gospel is true, there's nothing that can say otherwise.
 
Elder Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment