Monday, November 25, 2013

November 18, 2013

Dear Family,

This week has been a crazy one. I really don’t like transfer week. But, like I said last week, my new comp is Elder Rogers. He’s from Seattle, WA. He served in Farnborough before here. He’s only been out about 6 months, so just 2 transfers ahead of me. He was trained by an Elder who had just finished his own training and then Elder Rogers trained right after that! Crazy!  But, he’s a great missionary, a contacting beast, really. He just loves talking to everyone.

He’s not like Elder Erickson, but Elder Rogers is pretty great.  We get along well. To tell you the truth, though, he’s a still a little green, but we should be doing some great work this week.

Because of Transfers we weren’t able to get much done but we did have some good teaches. Yesterday, we took the sacrament to a sister in the hospital, Sister Collins.  She’s a super cool lady, but just having some really crazy health problems. I love visiting her, she’s great.  Afterwards, we were waiting for a bus and Elder Rogers starts talking to this guy and next thing you know the guy is asking us if we can bless his newborn son who was just born like 5 hours ago!  He’s only 17, btw, and his name is J.  Crazy!  But, his partner doesn’t believe in God so she wouldn’t let us in.  But, we’ll contact J soon and teach him.

Anywho, thank you so much for the letters. I’m still waiting for replies from a few family RM’s about that assignment I gave you all last week.  Thanks Aubs, you’re the best!

Mother, I’m thinking a suit can wait. I don’t need another one just yet. I think a nice humble little Christmas package would be better. I still don’t know what you could put in it, though.  Maybe some ties, an apron, some music, maybe. I dunno.  I’m doing great, though  My socks work great, I’m warm, my shoes are champs, I’m fine. Don’t you worry about me.

Man, I am so excited for Dallin!. How are his parents?  Are they doing alright?  Could you send me their email? I would like that.  Was Dallin pretty nervous at his farewell? He sounded pretty scared in his emails to me. haha. He’s gonna be great, though. Thanks for all my friends’ emails addresses, too, Dad.

Being over here in England makes me appreciate families so much, especially my own family.  You guys are the greatest. In my Patriarchal Blessing it says that I’ve been raised in the family I have, so that I can share Gods Plan of Redemption and Mercy with everyone I meet.  And let me tell you, it’s happening.  I love all you guys. Mom – it sounds like you need a little “Me Time”. I think you should do that Wellness Program with Dr. Brimhall. You always do so much for everyone – it’s time to think about yourself for a bit, okay?

I love all you guys.

Elder Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment