Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014

Dear family,
 
Ohhh, my goodness!  Your letters this week were awesome!  Thanks, Chase.  Keep up the good work.  Don't get in trouble, though.  And listen to mom and dad.  I have a rep there at Mesa High, right?  Keep up the tradition of awesomeness at MHS!   
 
I'm glad to hear everyone is doing okay.  That's a bummer for Rod and Connie, though.  House fires, man!  Tell them they got some Missionary Prayers going to heaven for them.  And the Carvalho girls are getting baptized?!! That's soooo cool!!!  I bet Will and Tiffany are so excited!  Will will probably baptize them, too!  I love missionary work so much!
 
Thanks for the picture, dad.  I'm gonna have to ask Elder Bailey about it, haha.  I've got some pretty sweet ones for you guys this week.   And just so you know, dad, I know allll about the races on the Isle of Man.  I watched them all on Youtube (before my mission).  It is pure insanity.  Yes, we're going there to see it some day!!  Also, I most definitely want to come back to England soon after my mission and visit all the friends I've made here.  I've made loads of friends, even some in Italy and Germany... so i may have to go there as well. Yup!
 
I wanna see the Gilbert Temple!  I'm so glad you guys went to see it.  That's something I wish I could do a bit more of on my mission, go to the Temple.  I'm on this super spiritual high but wish I could spend just a few more hours in the Lords House each year.  Well, at least I get to go once a year.  It sounds like something out of a Fairy Tale - just once a year.  There will be plenty of visits to the Temple when I come home, but let's not talk about that just yet!
 
My new coat is awesome, by the way.  It's rated to about 8° Celcius, so like 45° Farenheit, or something like that.  But at least I'm not freezing like Dallin in Ohio!  He says he just went through -6°, and -40° with the Wind Chill.  Doors were frozen shut!  And there's the rain.... I don't like the rain. It's just so.... wet.
 
This week was alright. not stupendous.  We have been trying out a few new techniques for finding people to teach, but they didn't work out too swell, so were just going back to basics this week.  But Stephen was confirmed on Sunday and we have two new families coming to church, and we're also trying to put together a wedding.
 
Oh! and Transfers is next week, so I'll find out if I'm getting sent off next Monday.  I think it may be time, but who knows?
 
Anyway, I love you guys.  I think about and pray for you guys allll the time.  Keep up the good work back in Mesa.  Stay strong.  Read your scriptures every day.
 
Love,
 
Elder Glasgow
 
ps, Pics are from The Needles last p-day with Matthew and the Sisters, and Epic Taylor Bailey in Scotland.  Hope he takes the stairs down off that roof.  No Parcour, Elder!  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment