Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 28, 2014

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for your letters this week. They always mean so much. As for actual "letters", where are you sending them?  If you're sending them to the mission office I won't get them until Thursday when we have Zone Conference. 

I've been doing alright this week. Elder McCammon... not so much. He got a virus and has been down and out since Friday. He's been all nauseous and getting chills and stuff. I hate being all cooped up the in Flat, it's no fun. All I can do is read stuff and watch church videos, which I've already seen a million times. 

This week has been pretty rough for us, too. We've been finding every day. We had a couple of set teaching appointments, but all but two fell through. And one of them that did work, he is now moving to Peterborough. So, yeah, we're just concerned with building a teaching pool. 

Being a District Leader is fun stuff. I like to hear all about how the missionaries are doing over here and receive revelation for all of them and stuff. Accounting with the zone leaders can be a little scary sometimes but they're really great guys and they love the Zone a lot.

Ah, I just love working with less-actives. It's so rewarding. It's exactly what Jesus would do - leave his ninety and nine just to go and get the one. 

Speaking of less-actives, one of the Senior couples, the Mechams, are going home the end of the transfer and that means that the ward is going to have to step it up when it comes to reactivating. Last time I checked, the Oxford 1st Ward is around 50% active. The rest of England is a bit lower. It all comes down to love. That's a main reason why members stay active, or come back. It's because they feel loved. 

Okay, so I've been looking around at suits and I want to get a good one. It'll probably be around £100. You guys can do the conversions. One pair of my shoes are getting a little worn but the other are doing great. I probably won't need another pair for quite some time. I'm not so sure about them making it the whole mission, though. Honestly, I'm doing alright. I know that's what you expect me to say because that's just me. But I really am doing good. Really. I would just appreciate a new suit. 

It seems like so much is going on at home while I'm gone. I'm trying to remember who Bro. Hildreth is.... I don't really remember. Sorry he died.  It's getting to the point where I don't remember lots of stuff about home. But that's alright, because it's much easier to forget myself and go to work. 

A new Sister will be coming into my District this week, as well! She's from Italy! She'll be here on Thursday. I'm excited to meet her. 

Pray that we find the elect, through the members, and that the less-active feel loved, and come back. 

Love to all,

Elder Glasgow


No comments:

Post a Comment