Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11, 2014

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for the letters and pictures. I just loved every last one of them. I always loved going with all of you to California. Some great memories were made there. Now I have a comp that is from there, so I may just go more often now... haha. 

This week has been super great for myself and the District. We had 2 baptisms, and I had to interview them. They weren't exactly your run of the mill interviews, either. One was a nine year old named Hillary and the other was a Romanian guy named Gabriel. My interview with Hillary was nice and simple. She was so excited to be baptised and it has really blessed her family. They have been inactive for quite some time but the dad, George, has been coming out awhile now so he was able to baptize his daughter. 

Gabriel, man, let me tell you about Gabriel. He's from Romania. The Witney Elders found and taught him. His english isn't super great but luckily one of our Zone Leaders is from Romania, so he was able to help Elders Astorga and Fairbourn, and he interpreted for me during the baptizmal interview. haha. Gabriel has such a strong testimony. All he wants to do is follow the Savior. When he goes back home he has 32 people that he knows who want to be baptized! It's like something out of an Ensign article. Elder Popa, the Romanian ZL; his parents are going to go visit Gabriel when he goes back to Romania for a bit, and the work there is just going to explode!

Elder McCammon and I are out and about working hard everyday. We met a nice Brazilian family the other day. We are seeing them on Tuesday. We're still teaching our Polish family, and we have a couple of other investigators floating around in the works. 

Thank you again for all the letters you guys sent. I got them all and will be sending some replies soon. 

Today we're taking the ZL's and the rest of the District on a tour of Christ Church College given by our Bishop. He works there. I did it back in February but now everyone else is new to Oxford, so I thought I would set it up again. Hopefully it doesn't rain..... but you can't be too sure about that in England. 

I love you guys and hope you enjoy all my pictures this week. 

Elder Glasgow





No comments:

Post a Comment