Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27, 2014

Dear Family,

This week has been.... tiring. Yup. Tiring. 

Looking back at the week... we played ping pong for p-day, did some service for an African family in the Ward, painted a lady's house and taught her neighbor, contacted lots, taught a part-member family, made a new Area Map, had District meeting and Ward Correlation in the same day, had an exchange that was not what we planned at all, got flogged a couple times, had an emergency exchange because Elder Herrod got sick again and they had some appointments that needed to be attended to, got new furniture in the Flat, attended the other Elders' baptism, had church and taught a less active lady.... and now I'm here.  

We haven't been able to seen John and Tasha or Du or even our recent contact, Mark, for awhile, now. Everyone seems to be so busy, including us. It's half-term, though, so Du's kids finally were able to come to church for the first time in ages. I was glad to see them there. We also got the number of a returning member and will be teaching him and his nonmember wife this week. When we do our Weekly Planing it seems like we have loads of investigators but a large number of them are struggling to progress in the gospel. 

I'm very excited for this week, though. I've been studying "A Marvelous Work and a Wonder", by LeGrand Richards, and have had many very spiritual experiences from that. We're just so blessed to have the restored gospel in our lives. Along with that, this week is what Elder Adler has coined Consecration Week. We will be contacting a minimum of 4 hours every day and will be expected to find 4 new investigators this week and to be teaching more than 10 proper lessons by next week. It's going to be pretty hard but it's just what the mission needs - a little boost. 

Hey Pops - The part of London that I live in is not the part of London you want to visit. I have been to Central London, like you know, but I still don't really know where to go. For the most part I just stay in Woolwich, Plumstead, Abbey Wood, Thamesmead, and Welling, occasionally. Yup, they aren't exactly the most touristy places. We'll always have the Isle of Wight or Oxford. I suggest Oxford. I know both places REALLY well.

Oh, how I miss fishing. I've been looking for an opportunity my whole mission, but I just can't seem to find any. Glad you could get out with Bro. Matthews, the resident Pro. 

Mom - I totally do know Elder Ganta! That's so crazy. He's a really great missionary and a funny guy, and his Sister is no doubt awesome there in Mesa.

Sadly, this Halloween we will not be doing anything at all. Well, actually we're going to go have dinner with a Nigerian family, which I always look forward to. But no Halloweeny stuff. We'll probably have to stay indoors for the most part on the 31st. That's my guess, anyway.

I finally had Ethiopian food! It's defiantly my favorite of all the African foods. One of our investigators made us Samosas with some steak and veggies. It wasn't with Zigny or Ingera, our Ethiopian investigators, though. But we'll be going over again this week if they have the time.   

It sounds like you guys are very busy back home. Almost as busy as me. haha. 

Just remember that whatever happens to us, our personal salvation is just that, personal. It is up to us, individually, to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. It doesn't matter what anyone else does, so long as we are doing. 

I'm so grateful for the restored gospel in my life. It just makes so much sense and brings me so much comfort and peace. I am so blessed to be born at this time, in this family. I always tell everyone that I have the best family in the world, and I thank the gospel of Jesus Christ for it. Remember that.  I love you all very much and pray for you daily. 

Elder Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment