Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15, 2014

Dear Family,
 
I'm feeling a lot better this week. My cold finally left me! My appetite is still somewhere else, though. Yesterday it was Elder Byron's 25th birthday and we were invited for double birthday Dinner Appointments. I was so full. First a German/English Roast, with birthday cake afterwards and then all of the Gelafrice, Chicken, and Peanut Stew I could eat, with another birthday cake on top of that. It was too much. During accounting I laid on the ground to ease my swollen stomach.
 
Thank you so much for the letters this week. Chirstmas is almost upon us! I just love the Christmas season. It's definitely a time of reflection and a time of giving. Oh, how I miss those Windsor Ward Christmas Parties. We just had our ward's party last Saturday. There was loads of sweets and Santa's Grotto and a Christmas Quiz and a musical number by the U.S. Missionaries. It was lots of fun, but I still didn't think it compared. Holidays are just so much better in the States!
 
This week we want to sing some carols on the street with just the ''He is the Gift'' banner and see how that goes. It's really nice using the banners because people just come right up to you and ask all sorts of questions and it's different. Missionary work sometimes can get a little monotonous so we have to always be trying all sorts of different things to shake it up.
 
It was really nice to talk to you guys the other day to set up our Christmas Skype. It's so strange to hear your voices though. You all sound so American. And Chase it growing up quick. So is Crew.
 
Mom, something I've learned on my mission. If you don't ask, you won't know. And what's the worst that could happen? The answer is no and you move on. I think it's pretty easy.
 
Good news! I told you guys about Summer, right? Well she's accepted a baptismal date for the 10th of January! She's super great and has some great fellowshippers. We also met a guy named Harry (not the Prince) who has some serious potential. We'll be teaching him on Tuesday.
 
I don't really see much difference in how holiday cheer affects people here during the Christmas season. However, it gets pretty crazy on the High Street on the weekends, with all sorts of performers and publicity acts and stuff. I do like singing all the Christmas hymns at church a lot though.
 
This Thursday we'll be going to the Temple and having a Christmas dinner with President Millar. I'm really excited about that. It should be pretty revelatory.
 
Hope you guys have a great week. Only 10 more days 'til Christmas! I love you all.
 
Elder Glasgow

pix. a new suit, wooo hooo!  and the birthday boy





No comments:

Post a Comment