Monday, December 29, 2014

December 29, 2014

Dear Family,

I'm convinced that a couple of the members of the ward were out to kill me this week with the amount of food they were slamming down on my plate. It was so good but it was too much. I was definitely pushed to my limits, especially with Citi the Ethiopian. Oh my days, was I full!

Other than that I had a very wonderful Christmas. We visited lots of the members and some of our investigators that were around and had a very nice time. 

Thank you so much for the emails this week. Mom, that talk that you told me about is one of my all-time favorites. Elder Klebingat really lays it down.  I listen to it almost every day. Its the best. It's just so bold and straightforward. Just how the gospel should be.

It was really nice to talk to you guys as well on Wednesday. You all look really good. I'm a little gutted it had to be a little short but it was good, nonetheless. I loved seeing all of your smiling faces. It was super strange to see some new ones, though. Campbell is super cute, and Wake was talking soooo much. 

So, on Tuesday I am moving. I'm going to another part of London called Sutton. My new comp is Elder Pulman. He's from wales! I met him awhile ago, back when I was serving in Oxford. President told me he's struggling a bit so I'm going to go in there and cheer him up. Elder Herrod is also leaving and so is Elder Ertmann. It's probably the hardest for Elder Herrod, though. He came to Welling January 2  and has been here ever since, except for his short stint with me in Oxford. He says leaving Welling is harder than when he left home in California. Welling is pretty much his home. Some of the members even started calling him Brother Herrod. Haha. I'm going to miss him a lot, too. He's one of my best friends. He's moving out to Cornwall to be one of the Plymouth ZL's. I'll shoot him some emails while he's out there, though. 

This week we had 2 to 3 dinner appointments every day. I'm getting pretty tired of Gelaphrice. But that German BBQ was really cool. Actually, it was Swiss! Maybe you've had it, Dad. Sis. Eckelt had these cool grill things and we grilled some pork on the top, but there was also these little tray things that you stick inside of the grill with like potatoes and cheese and some meat and veg and it gets all nice and gooey and delicious in there. So good! And yesterday we went over to Sister Lou's (she probably one of my favorite members here) and had a proper British roast (its been a long time since I've had one of those, too) and watched the coolest nativity movie ever. I'll have to show it to you guys when it get home. It's the best.    

​Well, the next time I email I'll be somewhere else! 

I love you all and hope you have a Happy New Year!

Love, Elder Glasgow

Sweet Food Fatigue, bleh!

Elder Byron and I with our investigator, Du, and her kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment