Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015

Dearest Family,

First, Transfer news... Well, Elder Pulman is leaving to Salisbury. And I'm leaving to Newton Abbot. Yup. They are going to put Sister Missionaries in Sutton. Exciting, huh?

Even though I haven't been here too long (just about 3 months) it's kind of hard to leave. I made lots of really great friends here. Rosemary and Pauline (they're members here) were pretty chuffed that we are leaving and Sisters are coming. But I think the Ward needs some Sisters. It'll be good. My new companion is Elder Fairbourn. I was his District Leader back in Oxford. He's a really great guy. I always loved going on exchanges with him. 

I'll miss Elder Pulman a lot. We had a good run with one another. When he Skyped his mum on Mothering Day I got to talk to his dad for like 5 seconds and they are expecting me to visit one day. Mom, Wales is on the west side of the UK, above the big peninsula that juts out at the bottom of England. Elder Pulman is up there on the list of favorite comps, though. 

So could you get me all the dates for like going to Utah and San Diego, asap? Both Elder Herrod and Elder Jackman will be in Cali close to the same time in Aug, and I would like to see them. Elder Herrod is from San Diego so it shouldn't be a problem. But I think he'll be in Utah for a few weeks from when we get home so I dunno really... Anywho. I could really use the details...

Yes, I am getting your videos, dad. That turkey was impressive. (bowling alley, three strikes in a row) 

As for my week. It's been pretty good. We helped out Aaron Burns again with his owl pens. We stopped by lots of members and less active members. Elder Pulman did get a little end of the transfer trunkiness, though. We put together a cheese board to cheer him up, haha. It did the trick. Dad, do you remember a cheese called Port Salut? I like it a lot. It's French. We've also been packing and cleaning our Flat, cuz Sisters are moving in and it needs to be pretty tidy... and not too smelly.  Gotta get that Elders smell gone. 

So, I've been asked by a few anonymous people to give out some advice, some feedback, some Cannonisms...

So, just as a reminder, no one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. EVERYONE. Well, only one person didn't, and his name is Jesus. Sometimes we see different sides than others. We all have different points of view. We might be scared of what other people think, we don't want to offend, we all want everything to work out. But it doesn't always go that way. The most important thing to remember is that we work out our OWN salvation. With fear and trembling, of course. The Savior expects us to forgive everyone. In fact, he said that if we don't forgive others, he's going to have a rough time forgiving us. Remember that the Savior knows how you feel and there are people all around you to back you up. 

When Elder Dyches of the 70 came around for Zone Conference he told us something I thought was really awesome. After telling us that we would all be getting training on ipads, he told us that one reason that we're getting them is so that when we go home we can have the control to stay away from where the Spirit cannot reside. He also explained that these ipads will not change very much with how we do missionary work. It will help, but there is always 2 sides to the coin. 

Chase, when the time for preparation is passed, the time of performance arrives. Think about that. Get back to me about it, okay? 

This week I read the book "Our Search for Happiness", by Elder Ballard. I would invite you all to do the same. I can promise that it will help. 

Next time I write I'll be out west! Woohoo!

Love you all!

Elder Glasgow


No comments:

Post a Comment