Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18, 2015

Dear Family,

Thank you for your letters this week. I've been praying a lot for you guys this week and I'm glad to hear you are all doing okay. There's only, like, 1 more week of school over there, right? That's weird. School here will hit their half-terms in 2 weeks. I still don't understand the system here. Their summer breaks are pretty short, if I remember right. 

So, it's been a pretty alright week. We had 4 investigators at church! Everyone we expected. It was really good. We have about 7 investigators we see regularly but only 2 of them are really progressing. Dave is scheduled to be baptized next month and Harry will get baptized as soon as he wraps his head around authority. 

I got a sinus infection this week.... My head has been just throbbing the last 4 days. Ever since we got back from Zone Training, which was really good. We had to drive 4 hours to Poole, but it was okay. We had a brand new greenie from South Africa in the car with us. I laughed a bit when he asked me how long I have been out.... And then laughed even harder when he asked how long Elder Lee has been out. It's kind of strange to think that almost 2 years ago I was in his seat.... sometimes it feels like I was just in his position, but not. It's strange. It feels like I'm in limbo on a mission, sometimes. Strange 

We got back in contact with 2 really great families this week as well. The Greens got baptised back in January and are struggling a bit. They were baptised in the Newton Abbot Ward and then moved here to St. Austell. They really miss Newton Abbot a lot. Newton Abbot is pretty hard to compete with, though. But we're doing our best to help them. We also got in contact with the Valentine Family. The Dad is a member, but he's married to a non member and between the both of them they have, like, 14 kids. I think only 9 live with them all the time. But they are super cool. 

That was pretty much my week. Still trying to figure out how to use these ipads the best. I'll figure it out eventually. Then it will probably be time for me to go home. haha. 

I love you all! 

Elder Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment