Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23, 2013

Dear Family,
 
This week was just spectacular. Our investigator, Matthew, was baptized and confirmed!  I just loved it all.  And, guess who baptized him?  Me!  It was great.  It was so surreal, though, for me.  After he was baptized he bore his testimony and everything and it was so weird being the Elders he was talking about.
 
Ohhhh my goodness I just love the Christmas season.  It's great, and I can't wait to talk to you guys!!!  I will call you guys on Skype at 7pm, England time.  You guys can work out the time difference, okay?  I'll be using the Bishop's account, okie dokie?
 
Just so you guys aren't worrying about me, we already have a nice English Christmas dinner set up.  We got a tree (for £5! it was a steal!) and the members here are amazing and there are already loads of presents under the tree.  As for the package you sent me, the ZL's should get it to me either today or tomorrow.  I'm not too worried.
 
Oh! not only did we have a baptism - my first real solid baptismal date that we set, and we only met him a month ago - but we also taught 41 other lessons!  Now, if we can just get some solid return appointments the conversion stories will come!  Aaahhhhh, It's just so great!
 
So, being on the Isle you can only run into so many people so I am now getting to the point where I can walk around the Newport Bus Station and recognize faces and sometimes even names.  I think I've been here too long. :)
 
But, Transfers is actually next week, so I'll find out if I'm leaving or staying.  But I just don't even know, so we'll find out then.
 
But, wonderful things are coming to the island.  It's great.  I'll see if I can get Matthew's email so you can send him something.  I bet he'd like that.
 
Ah, I miss all those family parties.  They were my favorite.  But, alas, I'm in England.  So, it's okay.  I can't wait to talk to you guys on Christmas!!!!
 
See you soon!

Elder Glasgow

ps. Me, Matthew, and Elder Rogers, and our Christmas decorations pix
 

No comments:

Post a Comment