Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30, 2013

Dear Family,

The holidays on missions are just somehow like a million times better.  They're different, I mean, none of you guys are around so it's way different, but I just love them as a missionary.  You see everything in a different light and you cherish moments that you took for granted before you came out. 

I just loved this week.  Christmas was just the best.  We had loads of presents (mostly chocolate) and I luckily got your package on time.  We had a wonderful Christmas roast with a part-member family.  It was delicious. Yorkshire puddings, roasted and mashed potatoes, carrots, brussel sprouts, parsnips, peas, gammon, chicken and roast with an amazing homemade gravy to top it all off. 

We were taken care of, haha.  I also got some ties, christmas socks, and a big stuffed Despicable Me minion from our neighbors! 

This week we also picked up two solid baptismal dates.  One, her name is Nastassia.  She met missionaries 19 years ago and just the other week we ran into here on the street and now she's ready to be baptized!   The other one is our homeless Hungarian friend, Steven.  He knows the church is true and every time he comes into the building he says he feels something different than all the other churches he has been to.  But we just need him to quit smoking and he's golden!

Today we find out if anyone is moving.  I think I might, but I just don't know.  I'd be super gutted if I had to leave the Isle, but at the same time I want to get off!  I want to see the world!  The Isle is rather old-school and farmy and small-town, and I want to get out and see the rest of England!  I guess you guys won't find out where I am until next week. Oh well.

It's great to hear you guys had and are having such a great Holiday.  I miss the Temple lights and the wonderful winters of AZ.  Mine is just all cold and wet, ewww.  And it was so wonderful to see all of your faces!  It was rather surreal though.  When I saw the dining room loads of memories just flooded back into my mind and I just had a moment of nostalgia.  But it was gone by the time I woke up the next day, so I'm okay!  I just loved seeing Wake and Crew, though.  I didn't see Avery but I heard her singing, haha.  She's so funny.

And yes I did know that President Hinckley served here.  It was here that he got that letter from his dad that told him to forget himself and go to work!

Brittnee!  I just got your letter two days ago!  I am most definitely going to write you an amazing handwritten letter this week to recompense!

I hope you guys have a safe trip home from Utah. It sounds like you guys are having a blast.  Hopefully by the time I'm done with my mission l'll just have loads of Utah friends that I can go visit when I go up to see Cedar and Courtney.  It'll be great!

I love all you guys.  Have a great New Year.  Remember to set good goals and to actually do them.
 
love, Elder Glasgow

ps. Thanks for the homemade Christmas tree and ornaments!

No comments:

Post a Comment