Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December 2, 2013

Dear Family,
 
This has been by far the best week of my mission so far. It was truly amazing.
 
So last Thursday we knocked on this guys door. His name is Matthew. He's 24 and works as a Care-giver and is joining the Army soon. We taught him the first lesson, gave him the soft baptismal commitment, but didn't think much would come of it. But, he came to church! He is my first investigator to come to church, ever! 

So, Zone Conference was Friday, my birthday, the 29th. Afterward, we invited Matthew over to the church for a Quiz Night and we both got there a little early so we taught him a bit. We were talking about what he thought about the church and the Book of Mormon and next thing you know we were inviting him to be baptized on the 21st of December. He was shaky at first but after telling him about what happens when we are baptized and bearing powerful testimony, something just clicked! He is super excited now to be baptized and is definite proof that people are prepared to receive the gospel. And it all happened on my birthday!
 
Thanksgiving was pretty great. We had a good lesson with Alan, (his dog is still alive!!! ugh) but it went good and we also found a super solid less-active who will be reactivated in no time at all. Then, after that we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with some members, Matt and Lorraine Ferguson.  There was turkey and everything!! It was great!  See picture.
 
What was not great was having to run a whole mile and a half full of turkey, potatoes, veggies, and trifle, so that we could catch a bus in order to make it to the Hovercraft on time. Oh, my goodness. I was sore for days. but we made it!
 
Zone conference was the best. We stayed the night in a 4-man flat in Portsmouth on Thursday, the 28th. The Elders we stayed with are the funniest guys in the world! Two are Chinese speakers, both from Utah, and the other two are from Utah and Ohio. All super great missionaries. We didn't sleep very much. We did, however, retire to bed on time. Don't you worry about that, I'm obedient! But there was only one shower in the flat so we had to wake up super early cuz there was 6 of us.
 
The next morning we took the train all the way to Stains. Trains are nice, except when you have to run for them. That's not fun.
 
Then the Zone Conference! Elder Teixiera, of the 70, was there! He's awesome! He's the Area President of Europe. He knows his stuff! His lesson is what inspired Elder Rogers and I to be so bold with Matthew to get him ready for baptism.
 
It was so much fun spending my birthday with loads of other missionaries. The Sisters in my district even baked me a cake!
 
I loved my birthday package so much! Christmas music is the greatest thing ever. And the Carroll's homemade hard candy!!!! Yes! And thank you so much for the Hot Wheels car, Crew. I play with it everyday! And I loved all your letters. I read em on the 2 hour train ride to Staines.
 
Yes, this week has been great. and all your guys letters and pictures have made it even better. I miss all you guys so much. I'm glad you're all keeping the family traditions going. Man, Wake and Chase and Crew are growing up so fast. It's so crazy!
 
Last minute Christmas parcel suggestions?? Ummmmm... an apron of course, some ties would be nice. Don't send any chocolate, though. I've come to realize american stuff is rubbish. Yup, I completely agree with dad on that one. Euro chocolate is waaay better. But, just send whatever. I'll love it all!
 
I hope all you guys are having a wonderful holiday season. I miss all the things that happen during this time of year... 4 birthdays, Wedding Anniversaries, Thanksgiving, Christmas. They're all the best.
 
I'm on a mission so it can wait 2 years. haha. I love you guys and pray for you every single day. I can't wait for the Christmas parcel and next weeks letters!
 
Love, Elder Glasgow


No comments:

Post a Comment