Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014

Dear Family,

You know, sometimes I feel like a goof just sitting here in the public library here in Woolwich because while I read all of your emails and look at your pictures I have the biggest grin on my face the entire time! I just love hearing from you! It's the best. 

​I'm glad Serena and Justin stopped by. Haha, when Serena told Justin she was going to visit you, mom, he said "hey, I wanna come, I miss Melanie", hahaha. He's a great guy. And ALL of his friends are on missions now. I think it's working on him slowly and eventually... When he sees what kind of changes all of us RM's have made, it will open his eyes a bit. Serena told me about Colton, too. I think it's just a matter of time. 

I really should start taking more pictures of my food. I had it going for a bit on the Isle of Wight, and now that I'm in Little Africa it needs to start again. I've never heard of Zigney. Most of the food here is from Nigeria and Ghanna. So, it's Gelaf Rice, Peanut Stew, Foo Foo, Pepe Chicken; stuff like that. I love it. 

Elder Ye (pronounced yeah) is just great. He's a convert of only 3 years. He and his mom found the church through his mom's friend who went to Salt Lake City (of course!) and they both joined pretty quick. His dad joined just before he left on his mission. He has loads of faith and isn't afraid of anything! Back home his branch is only about 100 people but the area has like 6 million people in it. Crazy. I love serving with him. He's also a really good cook, so I get to enjoy Chinese food. haha. 

John and Tasha and their two kids, Elliot and Harley, were at church yesterday! It was great to see them there. They couldn't stay for Sunday School because their kids were getting a little antsy. Next time they will come more prepared. We should be teaching them this weekend. We're also working with a part-member family pretty closely. Their last name is Xiao Ying. The mother, Du, still hasn't joined the church even though her two daughters Joanna and Kalleen were baptized about a month ago. Du struggles to come to terms that God exists, and now she has enrolled her kids in a Chinese school that is on Sundays, so her kids can't come to church. Elder Ye and I have prayed about it a lot and worked for a solution, but progress is slow. Either we need to find a different Chinese school, or Du needs to find God. The latter would be best. We also have some other RC's, Taylor and Mark, who are moving along nicely. 

I really want to get more involved with the members here. It sounds like the Sisters back home are on it. I'm so excited for Uncle Blaine, too! 

Today I don't have many pictures, just me and the Woolwich District at a Chinese Buffet, for elder Da Bisschop's birthday. Haha, funny story about Elder Da Bisschop. Da Bisschop means The Bishop in Dutch (he's from the Dutch part of Belgium) and his dad is a Bishop! So, he's Bishop The Bishop! haha. 

Today I'm going LARPing with a couple of missionaries in the Zone, in some caves, so I should have some super cool pictures next week!

I love and miss you all. Thanks for the emails and pics

Love,
Elder Glasgow


No comments:

Post a Comment