Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014

Dear Family,

Where does the time go?!?  I feel like it was just yesterday we were talking about how I had already been out a year, and now I hit 13 months!  It's just crazy how fast time flies!  Thank you so much for the pictures and emails this week!  I just can't help but smile as I read and look at them all. 

It sounds like you guys are doing alright.  Life is continuing on, back in the good ol AZ.  I sure do miss that place.  All we get here is a bunch of gray skies.  Not exactly the most exciting thing in the world.  But it is cool when you get all the history with it. There's not too much of it over there. haha. 

Elder Ye and I are doing great. The mission is making some major changes and they've really changed the way we are working.  It's a bit of an adjustment, but it will be worth it.  There are people everywhere around here, and they, for the most part, are very religious.  Especially the Africans.  I just love it.  African culture is so exciting.  I love the food, too!  It's so different but so good. 

We picked up a wonderful new family this week!  Yep, it turned out I came all the way here to little Africa and the most prepared people we meet are mostly the Anglo's.  I have some very good feelings about this family, too.  The mother's name is Tasha and her husband is John.  John's parents are LDS but he only went until he was nine.  And Tasha has so many wonderful questions and is coming to church on Sunday.  We'll be teaching them once or twice a week from now on.

Last p-day we went to a place called Greenwich (that's "Gren-itch", in the Queen's English)  It was super cool.  I took a fair amount of pictures, too.  London is so cool! 

Brighten is Pregnant??!!  I always thought Avery and Wake were enough! hahaha.  But that's so exciting!  That will be two new faces to meet when I finish up over here! haha.  Aubrey, you are so pregnant, too!!! 

So, I found some really great books in the Flat that I'm now reading.  One is "Doctrines of Salvation", by Joseph Fielding Smith.  Man, I love it.  Studying church and gospel doctrine has become one of my favorite hobbies, since coming out here.  I just love learning about the gospel. And I want to share with everyone what I have learned!!! 

Chase - I'm pretty sure I have a letter coming to you soon.  I wrote it about a month ago but I just haven't had the time to send it.  I can't exactly remember what it says but just in case, I have some things I want to tell you.
The single most important relationship that I am so glad I worked to strengthen and develop, other than my relationship with God (which is inexplicably important), is the relationship that I have with our very dear Mother. I'll let you figure out why. 

Soooo... just so you know, I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for a suit.  And there are some sales going on right now....  Anyway! 

I just love it here. and I love to hear how you guys are doing. 

I love you all,

Elder Glasgow




No comments:

Post a Comment