Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26, 2015

Dear Family,

Thank you all soooo much for your letters and pictures. I just have the greatest family ever! Wake is riding a bike????? That's so crazy!! I'm struggling to come to terms with that. 

Mom, I think the Pre-Existence was much more similar to our life here than we realize. We learned and progressed, just like we do here, and, of course, we are all different, designed in a unique way, and we all did different things as well before we came here. That's why certain talents and abilities come natural for some and not for others. And the Spirit will work in different ways, too.  The Lord tells us in our heart and in our mind what the truth is and (this is my own doctrine) it causes some sort of reaction inside of us that only we would recognize, that it is from God. Does that make sense? Being the creator of us, he knows best how we feel the Spirit. Personally, I feel the Spirit a lot through music and nature. The Spirit is a wonderful thing, though. Preach My Gospel, chapter 4, explains it all wonderfully. 

So, as for my homecoming date.... I'm pretty sure that i'll get home either August 6 or July 23rd.... something like that. So I should be home for Cedar's BYU graduation. 

I'll be looking for a pair of shoes today. Mine are really shot.

The last week has been absolutely bitterly cold, but there hasn't been any snow just yet. I did hear it is snowing up in Weston super mare (bad) though. I'm guessing it'll snow this week. 

So, this week has been....alright. We did have a really cool miracle on Wednesday, though. Elder Wessman and I went to a Christian Science church for a testimony meeting and afterwards talked to everyone and gave the head Pastor lady a Book of Mormon!!! She was really nice and very interested in the Book of Mormon. We'll be following up either this week or the next. Mellany is doing really good, too. She really likes the classes at church and wants to learn more. We'll be teaching her on Thursday. There's also some less-actives that we are still working with but there isn't too much to report about them. I'm really looking forward to this week and what lies in store for me. 

Thank you so much for the prays and everything you guys do back home. I'll write up some letters this week.

Love,

Elder glasgow

ALSO... uhm... what do you think about me buying a guitar? I found a really nice 3/4 one for £40 and I like it a lot. Just let me know what you think. I would be a super cool souvenir to bring home!

No comments:

Post a Comment