Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015

Dearest Family,

What a week it has been! I just loved all of General Conference. Because of the time difference I haven't been able to see Sunday afternoon, yet, but I will catch up on it hopefully this week. So many good talks. I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's Priesthood Session talk a lot. Very applicable to missionaries and ward leaders, and everyone really. I felt one of the major topics of the General Conference was on the subject of Marriage. It's just so important. It's kind of scary for me to think that once I'm home from my mission marriage is the next big step in my life!

It's always so strange when all this exciting stuff is happening at home.  Babies, parties, outings. And I don't get to be there to see it. Lame sauce. I guess you guys are missing loads of my life as well, though.... It will be soooo cool though when we get to catch up on everything.

So things here in Newton Abbot are going good. We picked up 2 new investigators this week! One was a former investigator we thought had died.... but he's alive! An Easter season miracle! He's a really great guy. His name is Julian and he is a paraplegic. He's paralyzed from the shoulders down. He really likes when we come and visit, and wants to be baptized soon, too. His struggle is that he has an infected bone in his hip that flares up and when it does, the docs give him 12 hours to live. It also takes an hour to walk to his house.... but its totally worth it! But after we baptize some people out there they can just drive us.

The other guy is named Sonny. He's about 29 and lives on benefits all by himself. He's had problems with drugs and stuff but really wants to change. Good kid. So things are looking up!

The Ward here is so great. There are so many people to visit. It is wonderful. our Ward Mission Leader is a star, too. His wife makes sure we are fed as well, haha.

Today we are heading over to some caves over in Torquay (sounds like tor-key). It's soooo beautiful over there! I'll send some pictures. Whenever we go to District Meeting or to whatever, over in Paignton, the other Elders' area, we bus right through it, right along the beach. Last week, for p-day, we went and played some Frisbee and walked along the coast. Just beautiful.   

Thank you so much for the letters this week. Hope all is going well. Enjoy all those kids for me. I miss 'em loads!

Love

Elder Glasgow



No comments:

Post a Comment