Monday, June 15, 2015

June 15, 2015

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for your letters.  I love to read your letters, and most all of you wrote me!  What's up with that?! 

So, you probably want to hear about my week?
 
We've been running around a lot. Because we went all the way to London on Friday it kind of sucked a lot of time out of our schedule.  But seeing Elder Holland was awesome. The bus was late getting us to Hyde Park so Elder Bethers and I only caught the last 45 minutes of his talk, but I got some good stuff from it. This week has really just rushed by.

Tuesday we had some good teaches with John and Amanda and Collin. I showed Elder Bethers around our area. Wednesday we helped a member of the Ward with one of the houses he is flipping. He's really behind on all the repairs and fixes. He was injured in an electrical explosion and was in a coma for a few weeks and his 20 year old son recently died. Just a whole heap of stuff happened, but he's finally feeling up to coming back to church - so we helped him out. Lots of drywall and painting and fun manly construction stuff. 

A few of our investigators have dropped off and one might end up homeless this week. We'll find out later this afternoon. If I could I would give up most of my time and try and help him find a job or money or a home or whatever. But I can't do that because I am a missionary. I've been called to build the kingdom of God here on the Earth. Yep, me and the Quorum of the 12 - we're building the Kingdom.

This should be a good transfer, though. Elder Bethers is a good guy. Funny side-note, his older Brother served here in St. Austell 4 years ago. Small world, huh? 

The coming week should be good as well. We recently got some new sisters in the District so that should shake things up a bit.

Everything we need is here in the Gospel, just as Elder Anderson recently put it. So, however hard it gets there at home keep on keeping on.  Endure to the end, the reward is coming. 

Love to all. Talk to you next week. 

Elder Glasgow

Elder Holland's Army.  That's me way back there on the left - the small face peeking over the arm.

Night at London Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment